Saturday, February 17, 2007

 

picture post #2

This lovely little sweater is for my nephew... and is one of three "MUST" knits with a deadline (my wedding shawl and a baby blanket for an incoming niece/nephew is the other) This sweater also functioned as a break from the other two projects! This pattern is A Cardigan for Merry . It's very cute- I adapted it to a larger gauge yarn (lots of math) but apparently screwed up anyway with length (14 instead of 11 inches) ARGH! So although it looks like I'm almost done, I'm so totally not.
Specs- knit from Lion Brand Cotton-ease from stash (don't you love those last 2 words) takes under 3 skeins... although I suspect without my bad math it may only have taken 2. Bah humbug.

So what do you all think? Leave it at 14 inches (for an 18 month old) and pretend it's a coat/sweater (they live in Alabama- this could work) or shorten it so it's 11-12 inches? The nephew is apparently at the top of the growth charts- but he turns 1 year old in May. In my defense, my sister asked me to make if for the winter- that's where the 18 month old thing comes in.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


<< Prev Next >>



Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf


Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random


Previous | Next