Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 
** just a quick note, and then I'm off- The Elizabeths are calling me to the dark side.... lace shawls- I've heard once you've crossed, there is no return. The pull is strong... and then I saw this
I MUST MAKE THAT SHAWL!
Ava was nice enough to email me back, to tell me (the shawl that must not be named) is from A Gathering of Lace... which we all know is the Seirenes call.

(The Seirenes (or sirens) lured passing sailors to their death with their bewitching siren-song. Those who heard the haunting melody lost all thought of Home and languished on the Sirens' rock until they died. Or they forgot their sailorly craft and shipwreck ensued.- Odysseus wanted to hear their song, so he was lashed to the mast of the ship, so he wouldn't leap overboard in an attempt to get to the half women, half birds)

Sounds familiar, doesn't it- Lost all thought of original purpose, and languished on the rock...
yep. I think I'm going to have to be restrained too.
I'm blaming the Elizabeths and Ava- thank you so much!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


<< Prev Next >>



Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf


Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random


Previous | Next