Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

My boss "awww'ed" when she saw this


My niece's sweater is done! As you can see, it is very similar to Zoe Mellor's Duffle Coat from Double Knits. But I figured out part way into the process that I didn't have enough yarn for 2 pieces in the front and a hood. So I improvised. :) The front is started the same as the back, but at about armpit level, I split the cable and started decreasing every other row, until the decreases hit the outside cables, then continued without any more decreases.

Project specs:
Design: Modified Duffle Coat by Zoe Mellor
Yarn: 3 skeins Lion-brand Wool-ease
size- 2-3 year old.
start date: May 24
end date: depends on perspective... seaming and washing done on July 23

Finally, because my boss was so touched by how cute this was, I'm going to make her 2 year old twin boys hats... Wool-ease blue and yellow. Anyone know how many inches a 2-3 year old head is?

Other exciting knitting news to come....
- the bag is completed and felted! Pictures to follow once it's dry (with shoe pictures)
- I've been crocheting squares for lavender sachets.... my aunt and uncle's wife are visiting next weekend for my parents anniversary party
- I'm about 1/3 of the way done on the baby blanket for my sister's December baby.
- and I bought 6 skeins of Candy Blue Cotton-ease twice (it was $12 at Tuesday Morning and $25 at Hancock Fabrics- guess which one is getting returned) I think it wants to be THIS

Comments:
That is so cute!!! She is going to love it. @-3 year old heads are big! According to Ann Bud 18 1/2".
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


<< Prev Next >>



Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf


Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random


Previous | Next