Wednesday, November 17, 2004

 

Straight But Not Narrow


the t-shirt is for a group protest against the University's refusal to recognize NDAlliance- the LGBT group- hundreds of people on campus are wearing bright orange shirts to support these students.
I don't think that "fine by me" is the optimal message to be sending- I would rather wear a more supportive, accepting and positive t-shirt. But this is the t-shirt NDAlliance created, and I am going to support them wholeheartedly.

And... by the way- knitting content of the day is above... I frogged about 7 inches of the sleeves I was working on(tension was to loose)- and started again. :P oh well- that's life.

OH! I almost forgot- if you're in the area, a new local knitting group is meeting tonight 7pm at Lula's coffeeshop- check out the details at meetup.com



Comments:
Hey I just found your blog from the Academics knit webring and I was so excited to see the ND Alliance tshirt on here! I got my BA and MA at ND and was involved with an earlier incarnation of the group. I too wish it was a more positive message (Our buttons back in 96 said "We are ALL ND/SMC") but considering the conservatism of the student body, a general attitude of "fine by me" would be a huge stride!

In more recent news, the jacket for your nephew is beautiful--I am in awe of the patience it took to sew in that lining!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


<< Prev Next >>



Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf


Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random


Previous | Next