Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Mishawaka meetup group

Last night at Lula's was fun! Casey- another law school knitter, joined me on my first visit to this group... they hadn't met for a while, but Elizabeth took over the organization of the meetup.com group and began from scratch. But there I was working on gi-normous needles (size 13- yuck) while these women were working on 2s and 3s- Elizabeth is working on a Christmas present, and a flowerbasket shawl(in the most beautiful Shetland mix of browns and greens- it sounds gross, but trust me, it's divine) and Casey is working on a sweater for her Chihuahua. Chris was the third knitter, and she was working on a sweater that looked like the little sister of Lionbrand Homespun, but was actually bought from her sister (who is now insanely jealous-jk) It looks so warm and cuddly, and is asymmetric, so it's pretty funky- I loved it!
My memory is fuzzy with names, so I don't remember the woman who brought Chris, but she brought her newest addiction- socks made out of self striping yarn. I've only done one pair of socks- and it was completely frustrating (I love the process, but I also like progress) But Elizabeth stepped up and could explain why the pattern was telling her to do something strange. Turns out the pattern called for a waffle-like pattern on the heel to make it stronger. Go figure- I don't think I would have figured that one out.

ok- final for Legal Research tomorrow- I'll be back after 6p to write how awful I did. (not that anyone is actually reading this- heh) And I'll post a picture of how far I am with the sleeves- ooo, reason to come back, eh?


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


<< Prev Next >>



Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf


Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random


Previous | Next